WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO JOIN THE PTA?
HERE ARE SOME FAQS ABOUT JOINING YOUR PTA:
1. Do only moms and teachers need to join the PTA? A strong PTA needs the support of moms, dads, family members, teachers, school staff, and community members. If you want to be involved, we welcome you to be a part of the PTA.
2. Does joining the PTA means I have to volunteer?
No. Volunteering is an option, rather than a requirement.
3. Do I have to be a board member or chair of a committee to join the PTA?
You do not have to serve on the PTA Board or chair a committee to join the PTA. Your wonderful support will suffice!
4. Does my PTA membership expire each year?
Yes, each new school year begins a new PTA membership year. Your PTA membership will be good for the entire school year.
5. What if I don’t have time to join the PTA?
If you are unable to volunteer your time, please consider becoming a member of the PTA and give your financial support. You will have the satisfaction of knowing that your support helps fund events and activities for the children throughout the school year.
6. Do I have to attend meetings?
No, we welcome all parents to attend a meeting. It is a good way for parents to keep up with what’s going on and to meet other parents. There is no pressure or judgement.
7. The PTA has all the help they need.
The PTA always wants and needs volunteers. If you choose to volunteer, you decide your time commitment. Many hands make the load lighter.
8. Why should I join the PTA?
Your fellow PTA members are family and community members who want to support the kids and the school. Membership puts you in direct contact with other parents and teachers. It shows your child that you are interested and invested in their educational experience.
9. What are membership dues getting me?
Your membership dues are used to help support a variety of programs and events designed to introduce students to new experiences in a variety of areas, thus expanding their horizons. Your membership dues allows you to take advantage of discounts and offers from member benefits providers and sponsors.